Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 5- 9

LEADER: Kayln

Friday. June 9- P. A Day- No School

day 5. Mon. June 5- physed
day 1. Tues. June 6- library (please return any outstanding books)
Amazing Race (please have your child wear running shoes and comfortable clothing)
day 2. Wed. June 7- health
day 3. Thurs. June 8-  CLASS TRIP to Etobicoke Outdoor Education Centre


Lunch?


Visitors to the Centre must bring their own lunch. Please bring a waste-free lunch. The Field Studies Centre will accept only compostable materials, as we do not have proper facilities for garbage. Classes must take home any items that are to be disposed of as well as any recyclables. Please review a "Waste-Free Lunch" with your learners before your visit. We would also request that students and staff bring a reusable water bottle instead of disposable bottles. EFSC is a Platinum Eco School and we are striving to minimize our waste.  

About the program- Earth's Treasures
http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/efsc/Programs/Grade1/EarthsTreasures.aspx

What do I wear?
http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/efsc/StudentsandParents/WhattoWear.aspx

I hope everyone had a wonderful time at Springfest! I was hoping to come but I am currently swollen from the surgery. Talking and laughing is a little painful. I can't wait to hear everyone's stories on Monday!

IMPORTANT
I will be away in Quebec City for 5 days (June 19- 23). Please do not worry! Mr. Ourique will be teaching the class that entire week. He is a permanent teacher at LKS and from what I have seen, he is incredible with younger grades. He is full of energy so he will be able to keep up with my active, little bunch.

Reminders:
- The program will run the same way as if I were there. Please send notes in your child’s agenda if someone new is picking up your child at lunch or home time.
- I will not be responding to any emails while I am in Quebec City. The schedule looks extremely busy and the days will be very long. Once I return, I will be able to reply to everyone. Please be patient.
- You may meet with Mr. Ourique in person or you may communicate via your child’s agenda (no e-mails).
- There will be no homework books or spelling words in June (only unfinished work will be sent home).
- Students will be expected to follow the same routines and expectations.
- I will be leaving lesson plans for every day of the week- the program will continue.
** Please let me know if you have any questions, preferably via your child’s agenda.

Reminders/News:


- Run For Nature (Sunday, June 11th) I can't wait to see some of you out there! 🌳 🌻 🌺
If you are interested, please sign up:
http://www.kidsrunfornature.ca/etienne-brule-park
- Lunch on the lawn (Thurs. June 29th)
If you cannot attend this day, your child will be supervised by the lunch time supervisors. If your child will be having lunch with someone else, please send a note in their agenda or else I cannot allow them to leave with anyone else. A note would be very helpful because I won't be able to remember everyone's request. Thank you for understanding!
- Report Cards will go home on Monday, June 26th at the end of the day.


Note to my munchkins



What did we do all week?

Math- Mass & Capacity
STEM Challenge: Make a tinfoil boat with your partner.
How many cubes can your boat hold before it sinks?

Our floor turned into a slip and slide !!!!!!








 

The clean up was a lot of fun! We mopped the floor with out feet.





Drama
We made props for our Spring plays. Everyone worked so hard!





Social Studies/Art- We made maps of our classroom, bedrooms and parks.



No comments:

Post a Comment